The Design Of Everyday Things (Paperback)- Don Norman
- Author - Don Norman
- Seller - Book Hound
- ISBN - 9780465055715
- Category: Bestseller Books, Newly Added
INR 249.00 50% Off
- Publisher : Basic Books; Revised edition (19 March 2014)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 347 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0465055710
- ISBN-13 : 9780465055715
- Item Weight : 360 g
- Dimensions : 29.01 x 19.99 x 3 cm
- Country of Origin : India
The Design of Everyday Things is one of the bestselling books available on Amazon written by Don Norman. The book aims to educate people more on the inborn qualities of user-friendly design and how the process of construction from scratch actually takes place. It is considered to be one of those books that influence world thinking patterns. The importance of the knowledge provided in this book varies with time as it contains concepts that have been used by mankind since ancient times .The book explains at length about disciplines including behavioral psychology, ergonomics and design practice. The book was published in 1988 with the title' The Psychology of Everyday Things' but the revised and expanded Edition, was published in 2013 under the name 'The Design of Everyday Things'.
Key features of the book
1. The book was originally published in 1988 using The Psychology Of Everyday Things as its title. 2. The author, through this book has popularized certain terms such as 'user-centered design' and 'affordance'. 3. Gives valuable insights into how small, unnoticed aspects of design can affect a large portion of everyday, practical life.
About the author
Don Norman is co-founder and principal of Nielsen Norman Group. Norman's formal education is in Electrical Engineering and Psychology. He has served as a faculty member at Harvard, University of California, San Diego, Northwestern and KAIST (South Korea). He has also worked in industry as a VP at Apple and an executive at HP and a startup. Today Norman's is helping technology companies structure their product lines and business.